What We Do

The UK’s leading broker for holiday let mortgages
contact us

Specialist Independent Mortgage Advisor

Holiday Let Mortgages is an Independent Mortgage Broker specialising since 2006 in mortgages for second homes and holiday let properties. This means that we are free from any outside influences in terms of where we can go to get you the best mortgage rates and deals available.

This is a very niche area of business and many lenders will not accept properties that are used or will be used as short-term holiday lets.

As a specialist in this market since 2006, we have a full understanding of the eligibility criteria set by lenders that will accept properties used as short-term lets.

Our mortgage brokers are highly experienced in their field and know which lenders to approach in order to obtain the most suitable finance arrangement, at the lowest cost.

Holiday homes located in Scotland, including the Islands of Mull, Arran, Skye and Harris, properties with unusual construction or a section 106 Occupancy Restrictions (used as a holiday let or second home only) can all be financed.

Properties of standard construction, on certain high end holiday parks, can also be financed. There are less options for holiday let mortgages when compared to the buy to let market, but we will do our best to match your request for tracker rates, fixed rates, interest only etc.

For each mortgage we will confirm the costs, fees and type of mortgage package on offer.

Personal advice

In the most part residential mortgages (for your home) are available ‘off the shelf’ with set criteria that successful applicants need to meet.

Holiday let mortgages are now a mature market segment and off the shelf mortgages are readily available. However, there is an availability of schemes which allow a more bespoke service and a more personal touch to eligibility and criteria. Dare we say commonsense and a human touch!

There are UK lenders that want to be flexible, different in their approach and to support the holiday let sector. We have well established links to these lenders and can put forward your mortgage application in the best possible way.

This can involve simply getting your paperwork in order or filing those overdue accounts! It may also require the need to split property titles and research planning issues before moving forwards.

All part of the service!

If you are happy to accept documentation by email then we will normally send these to you on the same day. This will include the lenders application form and any paperwork or fee requirements.

Typically, we will require:

  • Completed lenders application form
  • Our signed Terms of Business and broker fee
  • Cheque for lenders fee/s
  • ID and address documents to comply with Money Laundering rules
  • A letter from a Holiday Let Agent, detailing actual/projected Holiday Let GROSS income, for low, mid and high season weekly rates, with an annual projected income total, or accounts for the business if you are buying an existing holiday let business/property
  • Pay slips, P60, Accounts

We will begin processing your holiday let mortgage application once these have been received. Your adviser will check the application form to ensure all is correct before passing the file to our dedicated admin team. They will then either submit the application electronically or post the pack out to the lender.

Our mortgage administrators will continue to monitor and chase the progress of your application until an offer of advance is issued by the lender. This will be checked for accuracy and any errors will be amended.

Commercial and Semi Commercial Holiday Let Mortgages

Our commercial mortgage department has access to lenders that specialise in mortgages to purchase or re-finance self-catering businesses, such as:

  • holiday complexes
  • multiple unit holiday let businesses
  • barn conversion complexes
  • mixed use holiday let complexes ( part residential, part commercial)
  • mortgages to purchase or refinance a holiday let businesses, where loans exceed 500K.
  • mixed use properties, where the owner will be resident at the “site”, whilst running the out buildings as a holiday let business.