At Holiday Let Mortgages we have many years of experience in dealing with customers wishing to purchase a holiday let property in the UK.
It’s a growing sector of the property market and provides the opportunity to get a great return on investment, together with the chance to enjoy a holiday at the property.
From our experience, people purchasing holiday let property tend to sit in two distinctly separate camps:
- There are those that see “return” as plenty of own use, with a subsidy from some Holiday Letting. In our experience they tend to take a long term view and are quite often considering “return” as use of the property in retirement, as well as the here and now
- In the other camp there are people that are only interested in the numbers and, for them, own use is not at all important when compared against a great financial reward in terms of income and growth
We have put together a guide to Holiday Let Mortgages for you that should give you a head start on just what is possible in terms of holiday let mortgages. Its been designed to be as non jargon as possible, however it can’t be exhaustive.
Below are some bullet points to assist you with basic criteria:
- loan to value 60- 75% of the property’s value *
- UK mainland properties generally, however some Scottish Islands and Isle of Wight acceptableTraditional construction only, however call us to discuss the meaning of this term. No totally wood construction, or Holiday Parks
- Ideally owner occupiers, however exceptions can be made
- Ex- pat holiday let mortgages available
* Deposit source can be cash or borrowed from equity in another property you already own, please click here to find out more about deposit issues and solutions. No “cash in” available where another property that has no or a small mortgage is owned and is available as security